Written policies and procedures are a must for well-managed pharmacies and the implementation of good business processes and practice.
Creating a personalized pharmacy policy and procedures manual that documents procedures, outlines business requirements, helps comply with legal requirements, clarifies expectations, reduces new-hire orientation and training time, as well as improves day-to-day operations can be difficult.
Here are the nine tips we have compiled to assist you in producing your policies and procedures manual.
The 9 policy and procedures manual essentials:
- Include references & citations
- Track versions with dates & approvals
- Be specific – leave no room for errors
- Ensure your policy is in line with your state’s law
- Ensure your employees sign your policies & procedures
- Keep your documents concise
- Double-check for accuracy
- Explain key terms
- Include step-by-step instructions when possible
Interested in pre-written policies & procedures manual templates?
Bula provides a time-saving way to help clients publish policies and procedures for their pharmacies. With almost 400 pages, Bula’s P&P is based on federal law and provides 103 standard operating procedures, 42 policies, 12 forms, and 9 job descriptions!